Appointed By and Accountable To: Volunteer Support Specialist
Length of Appointment: One year
Responsible For: Overall coordination of the Service Unit
· Girl focus: Empower girls to lead activities, learn by doing, and cooperate with others on current issues that involve their interests and needs, while having fun.
· Personal integrity: Demonstrate dependability, honesty, and credibility.
· Adaptability: Adjust, modify own behavior, and remain flexible and tolerant in response to changing situations and environments.
· Oral communication: Express ideas and facts clearly and accurately.
· Foster diversity: Understand, respect, and embrace differences.
· Computer skills: Access to e-mail and the Internet.
· Attend training and other events as appropriate for the position such as Service Unit Development Session (SUDS).
· Schedule and preside at meetings of the Service Team and Service Unit.
· Prepare and follow agenda for Service Team and Service Unit meetings, ensuring that meetings start and stop on time.
· Approve expenditures of Service Unit funds.
· Work with the Finance Coordinator to maintain financial records for all Service Unit funds and submit required reports by stated deadlines.
· Help solve Troop problems beyond normal Troop management.
· Promote participation in the GSESC Annual Meeting, to include Service Unit Delegate election.
· Promote Troop participation in Community Take Action projects.
· Work closely with the Volunteer Support Specialist ensuring ongoing communication.
· Attend monthly Service Team and Service Unit meetings.
· Attend council-wide Service Unit meetings.
· Encourage Co-Leaders to attend Service Unit meetings.
· Support Girl and Volunteer recruitment efforts.
· Work with Service Team to plan, implement, and evaluate Service Unit events.
· Work with Service Team to achieve Service Team benchmarks.
· Work to promote Girl Scouting within the Service Unit.