Experienced Trainer Job Description
Experienced Trainers are appointed by the Adult Development Specialist for the term of one year.
Appointment for each additional year will be made based on an annual performance review conducted by the Adult Development Specialists or an assigned master trainer.
Adult Development Specialist
- Is a registered member of GSUSA.
- Has successfully completed a term of appointment as an Apprentice Trainer or has demonstrated competence in planning, designing, delivering, and evaluating training for adults.
- Has taken at least one additional training course in a specialized skill area or trainer competency area.
- Has completed an application and interview.
- Meets all the basic requirements to be appointed as an Experienced Trainer.
- Conducts at least three (3) workshops a year and/or serves on an adult education committee or taskforce.
- Follows all GSUSA/Council standards, policies, and procedures.
- Completes and submits to the Adult Development Specialist any required paperwork (sign in sheets, participant evaluations, trainer evaluations, etc.) within two weeks following each workshop.
- Utilizes the approved course content outlines of the council adult education program where provided.
- Remains current on content and methods through attendance at updating conferences and trainer's meetings, and through individual efforts (workshops, research, etc.).
- Cooperates with the Adult Development Specialist in planning the service center adult education calendar(s)
If you have any questions concerning training events, please call Michaela Watts, Director of Adult Leadership Enhancement, at 843-552-9910 ext 2390, or at email@example.com.