STATEMENT ON BOY SCOUT ANNOUNCEMENT
Girl Scouts has been building girls of courage, confidence and character for over 105 years. Girl scouts is the premier leadership organization for girls, we are unmatched in delivering proven outcomes:
one does girl leadership better than we do. Compared to women
who weren’t Girl Scouts in their youth, Girl Scout alumnae:
- Are better educated and have more success in their careers
- Enjoy higher household and personal income
- Are more active as mentors and community volunteers
- Have more confidence in themselves and their abilities
- In the U.S., 90 percent of female astronauts, 80 percent of female tech leaders, 75 percent of current senators, and all U.S. Secretaries of State are Girl Scout alumnae.
- Our Girl Scout Gold Award, the highest achievement in Girl Scouting, is a top-tier credential for girls as they enter their post–high school lives, enabling them to distinguish themselves in the college admissions process, earn college scholarships, and enter the military one rank higher.
We are a girl-led organization and a safe-space training ground for the world’s next generation of leaders. We had a banner year this past year with an increase in our girl membership for this council of Eastern SC covering 21 counties. We were just recognized for our impressive growth last week in Ohio.
We look forward to an outstanding year ahead and invite all girls ages 5-17 to get involved with Girl Scouts. We invite and encourage women to become involved with helping us build girls of courage, confidence and character to make the world a better place. Our volunteer opportunities are varied and we have a place for everyone. We have something for the men, too. Become involved with our “Man Enough to Be a Girl Scout” campaign at www.manenoughtobeagirlscout.com. Read Bill Pickle’s story at http://www.scnow.com/news/article_5adcec26-a888-11e7-88c5-03e9a49d48d5.html. His mission as a former Guardian Ad Litem is to make sure girls have a positive male role model in their lives and Girl Scouts is a perfect place for that with men who are Man Enough to Be a Girl Scout.
To become a Girl Scout or volunteer please email email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
Loretta Graham, CEO of Girl Scouts of Eastern SC