Position Title: Community Engagement Specialist
Reports To: VP of Membership
FLSA Status: Salaried, Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: A key member of the Membership Department, the Recruitment Manager is responsible for developing and implementing recruitment strategies designed to raise awareness and generate interest in Girl Scouts, resulting in increased girl/adult membership in assigned geographic area; recruits volunteers; assists in developing and implementing plans for membership extension in all markets; represents and extends Girl Scouting in the community through presentations, collaborative efforts, and networking; and ensures the Girl Scout Program is visible and accessible within assigned geographic area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Establishes and maintains relationships with community organizations, educational institutions, corporations, faith-based organizations, BlueChoice Medicaid and other community constituents.
2. Plans and implements effective, lead generating, recruiting activities year-round and working with Director of MarComm set up yearly calendar of community events and represent GSESC at the events
3. Recruits volunteers to work with girls in a variety of settings using traditional and non-traditional means.
4. Other duties as necessary and when assigned
Competencies and areas of expertise may include:
1. Self-management and Confidence
2. Active Listening
3. Marketing Knowledge
4. Oral and Written Communications abilities
5. Interpersonal Relations
6. Customer Responsiveness
7. Excellent technical computer skills
1. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications or related field preferred or a minimum of 2 years of experience in sales, recruitment, and marketing.
2. Demonstrated customer service skills
1. Willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
2. Willingness to travel as job requires.
3. Valid South Carolina Driver’s License and appropriate automobile insurance required