Community Engagement Specialist- FT with Benefits
Status: Full Time/Exempt
Location: Florence, South Carolina
The Community Engagement Specialist (CES) is responsible for recruiting adults and girls in a specific geographic region to participate in Girl Scouts.
The geographic region for this position is Florence, Darlington, Marion, Chesterfield counties (and more)
The CES is the face of Girl Scouts of Eastern South Carolina in the community and must be able to promote all aspects of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE) to potential new members. The CES will have specific membership goals and an adult retention goal and will be evaluated on those goals every quarter.
- High School Diploma required/Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Valid SC Driver’s License and appropriate automobile insurance required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Conflict resolution skills highly desirable.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment with other staff to accomplish established goals.
- Ability to work with volunteers.
- Must register with GSUSA every year or become a lifetime member and subscribe to the tenets of the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
- Must purchase and wear a Girl Scout uniform as required.
- Be professional in dress, speech and demeanor.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. A full position description will be provided during the application process.
Deadline to Apply: August 18, 2017