Volunteer Support Specialist
Position Title: Volunteer Support Specialist
Status: Full Time/Exempt (10 Months with benefits)
Location: Horry County, South Carolina
The Volunteer Support Specialist (VSS) is responsible for the retention of Girl Scout adult volunteers within a specific geographic region. The geographic region for this position is Clarendon, Georgetown, Horry and Williamsburg counties and the Lake City area of Florence county. The VSS is the contact for volunteers in their region and is responsible for supporting new and existing volunteers. The VSS must understand the Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE). The VSS will be responsible for a yearly adult retention goal and membership goal and will be evaluated on those goals every quarter.
- High School Diploma required/Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Valid SC Driver’s License and appropriate automobile insurance required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Conflict resolution skills highly desirable.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment with other staff to accomplish established goals.
- Ability to work with volunteers.
- Must register with GSUSA every year or become a lifetime member and subscribe to the tenets of the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
- Must purchase and wear a Girl Scout uniform as required.
- Be professional in dress, speech and demeanor.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. A full position description will be provided during the application process.
Deadline to Apply: December 4, 2017